Our committee is strong and committed to our planning and activities. We successfully have varies visits to companies which were attended well. We hosted a workshop on underground conveyors which was attended by 60 delegates. The 11 presenters gave excellent papers. The papers are available on the MVS website. The planning of the end of year function at Koster Dam is well on its way with 167 members already indicated that they will attend. The long visit will take place next year from 03 March to 08 March 2015. The visit will be to the new satellite station at Carnarvon and a visit to a wine farm and raisin factory at Upington. We have a newsletter committee and we publish a quarterly newsletter.
The vision for the Northern Branch is to promote and advance the science and practice of ventilation engineering, with particular reference to mine ventilation, air quality and associated problems. Also to promote member participation and interest into the activities of the MVS, may it from the main branch or local branch.
- Encourage member cooperation in activities.
- Providing a forum where opinions and viewpoints regarding mine ventilation and occupational hygiene can be raised and discussed.
- Propagating knowledge amongst ventilation professionals through the MVS structure.
- Promoting personal contact and cooperation amongst ventilation officials.
- Representing the interest of the MVS. Without its members the MVS cannot survive.
Committee : F Slabber (Chairman), D Beukes(Vice Chairman),A de Beer(Secretary),R Mothamme,A Trollip, B Minnaar, A Erasmus,J van Rensburg,I Taunyane,K Beukes,M Davids,B Letlape, F Visser,A Monametsi,M Marais, G van Lille,R Stanton, T Hayward, L Mackay